Here are some great ways to drive traffic to your site on a budget:
1. Post on forums. Forum marketing remains one of the best ways to drive traffic. It is free and you only need spend a little time each week or each day to post regularly to forums.
2. Create a blog about your business! Post unique and compelling content to your blog so visitors will come back for more. Some people will even recommend your blog to others, bringing in even more traffic.
3. Link exchange. Find websites related to yours and request to exchange links. This also works well from a search engine optimization perspective. It’s a win-win situation.
4. Post articles to article directories. Article submission is free, and article marketing is certainly a great way to drive lots of traffic to your site.
5. Use a little Pay Per Click advertising. Since you are on a budget, you wouldn’t want to spend to much on pay per click advertising. However they can very effective. Just set a low daily budget and test your campaign. If it is profitable, increase your daily budget.
6. Submit press releases. Press releases are a great tool for branding and traffic purposes, so don’t discount it! It is completely free advertising that can bring in a ton of leads and sales.
7. Use video advertising. You can create a simple video and post it up to a video sharing site like YouTube. This is one of the top methods to get free traffic because sites like YouTube are highly-trafficked.
8. Created a facebook group, or something similar.
Based on Source: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480952